Sunday, June 23, 2013

Perfection: A Neighbor From Hell Novel by RL Mathewson

Before typing I would have told you that I really liked this book. Now that I think about it I think it's more of a love/hate relationship.

I love the romance aspect of the book, but I hate the way the female is portrayed. Numerous references to her being unattractive and fat put me off a little bit.

Zoe is used to being on her own and is very self-reliant. Getting fired from, a job from hell, for something that should have gotten her a raise leaves her jobless and slightly desperate.  The last place she expected to get help is from her egotistical loud neighbor Trevor Bradford.

Trevor likes his life simple. Work, food & the perfect woman are the only things on his radar. He has only dated blonde thin beautiful women and knows that is what he is looking for in a wife. When he starts being attracted to his frumpy neighbor he decides there is only one way to get rid of those thoughts. He will just 'work her out of his system'. Yes, friends with benefits. Has this ever worked out they way it was originally intended?

Seeing as I can separate fact from fiction I would still recommend this book based on the outcome, but being a 'bigger' girl - if any of that shit ever happened to me in real life the assholes responsible would have gotten an earful!

No comments:

Post a Comment